Click here to download this guide with all the details on these great places.
1. Ocean City Boardwalk & Lifesaving Station Museum - Located at the inlet, this museum interprets the fascinating history of O.C. and its life saving service, along with kids programs including; knot tying, “All About Sharks” program and aquarium feeding. 410-289-4991.
2. Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Ocean City - Discover its 1875 roots as a small fishing village and some of the architectural gems that still occupy the downtown today. 410-289-1413.
3. Sundaes in the Park, Free Beach Concerts & Bonfire Hour - Enjoy all events free, free!! Sundaes in the Park-Bring the family and enjoy live musical entertainment. Create your own sundae. Sundays; July-August, 6pm-8pm. Northside Park. 410-250-0125. Concerts on the Beach-Live entertainment every Wednesday. Bring a blanket or chair. July-August, 8pm. North Division Street. 410-250-0125. Bonfire Hour- sit beside the bonfire and learn interesting facts, history and fun things to do. Thursdays; July-August, 9pm. North Division Street. 800-OC-OCEAN.
4. Assateague Island National Seashore and State Park - Stop at the Barrier Island Visitor Center, see wild horses, sika deer and a beach landscape unchanged over centuries. 410-641-1441. (15 min. from O.C.) Hike and Bike at Assateague National Seashore - Hike the three nature trails; Life of the "Dunes", "Marsh", and "Forest" Trails. You can also bike or canoe the designated trails. Rental information: 410-213-2297.
5. Berlin’s Commercial Historic District Visit a Victorian Village, the location of 2 major motion pictures, Runaway Bride and Tuck Everlasting. Don’t miss the art galleries, antiques and boutiques. Calvin B. Taylor House Museum - Memorial Day thru October - Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat, 1-4pm. 410-641-1019. Sit and have an old-fashioned milkshake at Rayne’s Reef. (Berlin is 15 min. from O.C.)
6. Furnace Town Living Heritage Museum Experience a 19th century industrial village, the site of Maryland’s only bog ore furnace, including broom house, kitchen garden, print shop, weaving house, woodworkers shop and blacksmith. April through October, 10am-5pm daily. 410-632-2032. (35 min. from Ocean City.)
7. Canoe or Kayak the scenic Pocomoke River, Nassawango Creek or the Coastal Bays. Outfitters: Pocomoke River Canoe Company 410-632-3971. Assateague National Seashore Rentals Maryland Coastal Bays Program 410-213-2297. (30 minutes from Ocean City.) Ayres Creek Adventures: 443- 513-0889. SuperFun Ecotours: 410-656- 9453. Coastal Kayak: 302-539-7999.
8. Pocomoke River State Park - Hike our trails, fish in the catch and release pond, look for bald eagles and rent a boat or canoe. 410-632-2566. (35 min. from Ocean City.)
9. Tour Art Galleries in Berlin, Snow Hill and Ocean City - Take an art lesson or just browse and shop for locally produced jewelry, pottery or canvas art.
Berlin Galleries, (15 min. from Ocean City.)
Jeffrey Auxer Designs 443-497-0812
The Globe, Fine Food, Arts & Spirits 410-641-0784
Worcester County Arts Council Gallery 410-641-0809
Snow Hill Galleries (30 minutes from Ocean City.)
Bishop’s Stock 410-632-3555
Ocean City Galleries
Ocean City Center for the Arts 410-524-9433
10. Explore the Delmarva Discovery Center on the banks of the river in Pocomoke City. The shore’s leading destination for hands-on discovery featuring a live otter exhibit. 410-957-9933. http://www.delmarvadiscoverycenter.org